Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That Girl

I've always been somewhat confident in myself. I know I'm not the most beautiful girl, but I think I'm attractive. When I was in high school I wasn't the most popular person, but I was liked and I wasn't exactly a dork. In college I "came into my own." I learned how to wear my make up and do my hair to where it was the most flattering on me. I wore the right clothes and finally had boobs that got noticed. I realized that boys found me attractive and when we went out I got hit on and usually had several drinks bought for me. I've never needed to be the center of attention but definitely enjoy it when I am. I don't base my self worth on what others think about me or how men treat me.

But, I've always been surrounded by "that girl". You know the one. You may even be the one. The girl who has really great clothes that look really great on her. The girl whose hair always looks amazing - always with the latest, most flattering style and new highlights. (Or lowlights.) The girl whose nails are always professionally done and who gets pedicures every week. The girl who has a perfect fake tan and bikini body. The girl who had braces as a child and who wears Crest White Strips once a week. The girl who is always perfectly put together.

I've always been jealous of that girl. As hard as I try, I will never be that girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That girl probably wishes she had someone else's life too...

It's so hard being a girl...always comparing ourselves to someone else...always noticing our own flaws. It's exhausting. Thank goodness for our guys who think we're the best girl out there, huh?