Tuesday, June 24, 2008

At This Moment

I am always poor. I have been financially blessed with over $6000 in tax refunds, stimulus checks, and loans from family members and yet I am still broke. Between rent, utility bills, insurance, student loans and cell phone bills I have no left over money to pay for such luxuries as food and toilet paper. And don't even get me started on gas. (Damn George W.) There is no end in sight. It is overwhelming and depressing. There are so many things I need or just want and I can't afford them. So for now I'll just day dream....

If I had money I would buy:

1. A German Shepherd puppy and all that must go along with it, i.e. food, crate, toys, etc. They are so darn cute and I'm pretty sure he'd protect me if I needed him to.


2. A Volvo S40. My truck has 156,000 miles on it and if my luck continues it will stop working within the next 6 months. I want a safe, reliable, cute, adult car.


3. Bookshelves. We are moving in two weeks and I spent this weekend packing. We have 6 boxes of books, 5 boxes of DVDs, 5 boxes of CDs and only 3 shelves on which to put them. I could easily spend $100s at IKEA on shelving units alone.


4. New bedding. I've had my eye on this set ("West End" by Nautica) for almost two years now. Keith and I bought a beautiful new bedroom set a year ago that is very similar to the one in this picture and I just know the comforter set would look so beautiful.



5. Apple Mac Pro & Adobe Creative Suite. This computer makes me want to do a happy dance. I can just imagine all the fun design projects I could do with this guy.

And oh so much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray for the S40! It's a gem, that one! I got to drive one for a month when someone wrecked my jeep. But take heart...the S40 has lots of blind spots and the back windshield is hard to see out of because it's really small and at a weird angle! So you're little green truck is probably way better! :)