Friday, August 8, 2008

A few months ago I got a speeding ticket. I won't bore you with the story, but lets just say I got screwed over by the city of Dallas. I had to pay $275 for the ticket and today I've been doing defensive driving on-line for an additional $25. I'm thinking the other 10 people who were pulled over on the side of the road with me are probably doing the same thing. If there are that many people pulled over in the same spot, wouldn't you think the city might say to itself "Perhaps the speed limit in this school zone is not marked very clearly. Perhaps we should fix that or at least give these poor people a warning instead of a $275 ticket." BUT NO.

Anyhow, today while doing my defensive driving I did learn one interesting fact: If a police car (with lights and siren), a fire truck (with lights and siren), an ambulance (with lights and siren), and a postal vehicle all arrive at a four-way stop intersection at the same time, who has the right-of-way? Because they are conducting official United States business, under federal law, the postal vehicle has the right-of-way.

With that, I leave you for the weekend. I hope that your weekend is relaxing and enjoyable. At least 4 hours of mine will be spent finishing defensive driving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well then, I hope that police officer finds himself in that very situation and has to yield to the mailman! That will serve him right for giving my pal a ticket!

PS- See you tonight for dinner? I think we'll be going to BJ's Brewhouse for some yummy Chicago style deepdish pizza! :) Call me on my cell...do you have my number?