Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Unexpected Surprises

Yesterday was a very long day. I worked all day and took my lunch break at my desk. After work I went straight to class until 10:00 pm. Class was very enjoyable but going from 8am to 10pm makes one pretty tired. My professor is this wonderful little Spanish man (he might actually be Mexican, but we'll go with Spanish) who makes me laugh every time he says "yellow" because it comes out sounding like "yah-low" due to his thick accent. I didn't have time to eat dinner so I spent most of class looking forward to eating leftover pot roast at home. Mr. Zarazua let us out around 9:45 and I made the 30 minute trek home in the rain. I stopped by the mail room at my apartment complex hoping my autographed video cell of Silverchair was waiting for me in the mail from Australia, but alas it was not.

I finally made it into my apartment and instead of walking in and seeing Keith on the couch watching TV I came into a dark apartment to find him already in bed. Keith almost never goes to bed before I do, but he and I have both been battling colds for what seems like months. I changed out of my work slacks and sweater and into some comfortable PJ's and washed my face, all the while trying not to wake Keith. He stirred a bit, woke up to tell me he loved me and to ask me if I'd put another Simpsons DVD on for him. I kissed him and told him good night and then went into the kitchen to make myself some dinner and watch a Tivo'd episode of 90210. When I walked into my dining room and turned on the lights for the first time since I came home I noticed a present sitting on the table for me....new DVD's of Aladdin and Cinderella that Keith had bought me before they go back into the Disney vault.

Its the little things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like him. He's nice.

Did you see that 101 Dalmatians (the movie that is the root of my complex) is coming out soon on DVD? Can't wait!

I like to imagine your professor as Javier on Felicity. If he's nothing like that, don't tell me. You'll ruin it.

Mrs. Señora Cobbey said...

OMG. That's exactly what I though...."Hmmm....Sorta like Javier...."

Funny.

That's so sweet. Somehow it's even sweeter when they aren't sitting around for accolades at their good deed but instead let you discover it quietly in the most opportune moments.....like after a long, hard day. Perfect timing.

Mrs. Señora Cobbey said...

"thought"

Sorry. It's sorta my pet peeve....

Mrs. Señora Cobbey said...

Crap.

"Sitting aroung WAITING for accolades..."

I hate my stupid perfectionism.

I'll stop proof-reading what I wrote. Just enjoy any other mistakes that you may (and probably) will encounter....

Megs said...

This sounds like a great day!

What do you think about the new 90210?