Thursday, January 24, 2008

5 Months Later...

So I started this blog several months ago when I was bored at work. (Shh, don't tell my bosses.) And I wrote this big long blog about what was going on in my head at the moment, something to do with how my parents hate me and treat me like the red-headed stepchild. I saved it and never posted it. So here I am 5 months later, finally getting around to posting something. Today I have nothing really all that worthwhile to say, but I figured I should start by putting something up. So here goes, here are a few things that have been affecting me today...

I really can't seem to get over the fact that Heath Ledger died. It has really affected me. I don't know the guy, I wasn't a diehard fan, and I haven't even seen that many of his movies. But for some reason I feel like I've lost someone. I'm actually going through a mini grieving period. I don't know what it is. He just seemed like a nice guy. He looked genuine and sweet, and I really feel for his family, his little daughter and Michelle Williams. Everyonce in a while something like this happens and death becomes so real all of a sudden. Three days ago Heath Ledger existed, and now he doesn't. He just doesn't. Just like that. His body is lying somewhere, cold, and cut up, and he's not in it anymore. His daughter will never know him. Its just all very sobering.

I don't like my job. I don't hate my job, but I just don't like it. I feel like I'm wasting my life away. I so wish I could find a differnt job that was a little more interesting where I could only work 30ish hours a week and still make enough to live comfortably. Today I looked into getting my teaching certificate so that I could do that while I'm working on my Graphic Design degree. Unfortunately I didn't study enough the first time I was in college so my undergrad GPR isn't high enough to get into most teaching certificate programs. But I'm not quite ready to give up.

Its cold outside and I really wish it would ice over tonight so that I could sleep in a little bit in the morning. Or at least lay around the house in my fleece robe for a few extra hours and drink coffee while I watch the Today show.

2 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

Have you considered alternative certification? I'm actually going to start in March. It's a 3 month course and then you're certified. Imagine having summers off?!! Anyway, check it out. http://www.act-dallas.com/

Hopefully, I'll get certified and get another job by next fall.

Anonymous said...

everyone I've talked to has been surprisingly affected by the sudden death of Heath Ledger...it's pretty weird. Maybe God is really using his death to make all of us understand the frailty of human life a little more...just a thought.